E3 2021 — the most anticipated video game showcase on the planet — kicked off today with presentations from Ubisoft, Gearbox, and more.
Day 1 Highlights
- The Ubisoft Forward presentation mixed familiar and brand-new game announcements, including:
- First-look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, an immersive, open-world game.
- Extended scene and teaser for a Far Cry 6 season pass that will put players in control of various series villains.
- Mario and the Rabbids are joining forces once again in Mario+Rabbids Sparks of Hope!
- Gearbox revealed a behind-the-scenes look on the Borderlands movie set with director Eli Roth, Kevin Hart, Édgar Ramírez, the producers, and more.
- Special appearances from Ryan Reynolds, T-Pain, and more.
- Video game industry personalities Greg Miller, Jacki Jing, and Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez emceed, providing expert-level commentary, publisher and developer interviews, and more.
Day 2 Highlights
- The Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase packed 30 different games into its presentation. Highlights include:
- A new trailer for Halo Infinite showcased its multiplayer mode.
- Sea of Thieves’ new update – A Pirate’s Life – will feature Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean films.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator partnered with Paramount Studios to coincide with the launch of the Top Gun: Maverick film.
- Starfield is the first new universe in 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios.
- SQUARE ENIX announced Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther is coming to Marvel’s Avengers, and offered a look at the Life is Strange Remastered Collection.
- Warner Bros. Games debuted a Back 4 Blood trailer.
- 24 Entertainment offered a look into their upcoming title, Naraka Bladepoint.
- Dean Takahashi hosted an Xbox retrospective panel with Robbie Bach, Shane Kim, and Ed Fries.
- Special appearances from Post Malone and more.
Monday’s Must-See Lineup
All Times Pacific
- 8:30 a.m. – Pre-Show
- 9:00 a.m. – Verizon
- 9:45 a.m. – Intellivision
- 10:15 a.m. – Take-Two Interactive Panel
- 11:10 a.m. – Mythical Games
- 12:00 p.m. – Indie Showcase
- 12:30 p.m. – Freedom Games
- 1:00 p.m. – VENN’s Origin Stories with Hector Rodriguez
- 2:30 p.m. – Capcom
- 3:00 p.m. – Razer
The full schedule can be seen here. In addition to what’s listed, there will be a wide variety of interviews, panels and other exciting moments that you won’t want to miss. Make sure to tune in for the whole broadcast to catch all the reveals and surprises.
- E3’s Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/e3
- E3’s YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/e3
- E3’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/E3
- E3’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/E3Expo/
E3 can also be seen across all of these distribution services.