So You Want to Submit a Guest Post for Innovation & Tech Today?
Here’s What You Need to Know.
Innovation & Tech Today is an award-winning publication celebrating innovations in science, education, business, sustainability, and entertainment. With a rapidly growing audience, our print and digital publications continue to bring the latest in tech and science to the masses in a smart and engaging way.
The Essential Elements of All Content We Publish
Content on our website, first and foremost, needs to bring value to our readership. It is vital that they walk away having gained something.
Submitted content should never be overly promotional. Rather it should explore real world problems and solutions that are applicable to our subject matter — including tech news, science, innovative product reviews, sustainability, STEM education, business tech, health tech, cybersecurity, car technology, gaming, sci-fi entertainment, sports/fitness tech, and IoT devices.
Below are a few things we look for in every submission:
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality storytelling in 500+ words
- Clear takeaways that provide value to the readers
- Submissions that reflect the overall style and tone of Innovation & Tech Today. It’s informative yet approachable
- We follow AP Style (except we use Oxford Commas!)
- Proper attribution of research, quotations, imagery, and other content referenced in the form of internal links
- Royalty-free CC0 imagery available for commercial use, or imagery provided by the author with explicit consent to use it in the post. Please always provide attribution.
- If you’re representing a company, no more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post
The Types of Stories We Accept
- Breaking News – This is exciting and valuable news around the tech and science worlds, bringing something new to our readership.
- Deep Dives – These types of pieces are typically at least 1,000 words as they go in-depth on a certain subject. These pieces provide deep analysis into one topic, giving readers a solid base for what they are reading.
- Interviews – Our readers love to hear from thought leaders across a variety of industries. If you can conduct an interview with someone who is doing something innovative in their space, we would love to consider it for our publications.
- Personal Journeys – Whether it’s yours or your subject’s, a personal story about growth, triumph, or lessons learned can quite educational for readers. Make sure to provide clear takeaways.
- Educational Guides – Teach our audience how to do something (or teach them common pitfalls and how to avoid them). Either way, the goal is to educate.
What We Won’t Accept
- Anything that is overly-promotional or advertorial
- Anything that has previously been discussed or covered on our website with the same point of view
- Anything that could be deemed offensive or inaccurate
- Content that is overly critical of individuals or companies
- Any content that has been previously published elsewhere
How to Submit
Please send email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A Google Doc or Word Doc of your piece
- Any image files you would like to accompany the piece (with designations in the text for placement and attribution for each image)
- A short author bio (300 characters or so) and profile image
If your submission meets our editorial standards and provides value to our publication, we will respond via email to let you know that your content will be published or that it needs updates. It may take a couple weeks for a response.
Fine Print: All Contributors Agree to Our Content Release Terms
By submitting an article, video, imagery, or any other piece of content, you agree to the following terms:
- Innovation & Tech Today reserves the right to use, re-use, publish, re-publish, modify or display your content in any medium including but not limited to social media, print, and on the Internet, and for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation in advertising, marketing, publications, electronic distribution, and the Internet and for any other business or commercial purpose.
- Innovation & Tech Today reserves the right to include calls-to-action to Innovation & Tech Today content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
- Submissions cannot be republished on other blogs or publications; however, feel free to share it via any and all social channels.
- By submitting content, the contributor takes full responsibility for any and all issues that may arise, including but not limited to, copyright infringement, plagiarism, misappropriation of likeness, or sharing of sensitive information.
Please send all submissions and enquiries to email@example.com