E3 2018 had a lot to live up to. Last year’s event featured the debut of Super Mario Odyssey, the announcement of the Xbox One X, and included trailer debuts for Spider-Man, Far Cry 5, and Assassin’s Creed Origins. And of course, let’s not forget about the presence of Jack Black. If E3 2017 was a major success, then E3 2018 brought the event to a whole other level. With celebrity guests such as Elijah Wood and Joseph Gordon Levitt, this year’s event raised the bar for all future E3s. Exciting game announcements proliferated all corners of the Los Angeles Convention Center. It can be a lot to keep track of, so here is a comprehensive list of the major news that came out of this year’s E3.
- Doom Eternal: As a follow up to 2016’s Doom game, Doom Eternal will be the next chapter in the series, bringing “hell on earth.” More information is scheduled to be released about the game on August 10th at QuakeCon in Dallas.
- Elder Scrolls VI: Bethesda also announced that Elder Scroll VI is currently in development. However, it still may be some time until we see the new game as they also explained that Elder Scrolls VI would be part of the next generation of consoles.
- Fallout 76: A game that has been shrouded in mystery and rumor, Fallout 76 finally came into the light as Bethesda explained what the game would entail. Unlike past iterations, Fallout 76 will be completely multiplayer and will take place before the events in any previous games.
- Beyond Good and Evil 2: Fans had the opportunity to see more of Beyond Good and Evil 2 with a new cinematic trailer. Ubisoft also announced their collaboration with Joseph Gordon Levitt’s HitRecord, allowing anybody to submit artwork or music to potentially be featured in the game.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey: After a keychain leaked the potential setting for the next Assassin’s Creed game, Ubisoft officially announced that it would take place in Ancient Greece during the Peloponnesian War. Players will follow a descendant of Leonidus and will be able to interact with famous figures from history like Socrates.
- Transference: Ubisoft also revealed more information about their newest VR collaboration with Elijah Wood.
- In a partnership between Ubisoft and Nintendo, Fox McCloud (from Star Fox) will be making an appearance in Ubisoft’s space-fighter game Starlink: Battle for Atlas.
- Kingdom Hearts III: Throughout E3 2018, Square Enix revealed new worlds for the highly anticipated Kingdom Hearts III. At the expo, they announced that Sora and friends will be visiting Arendelle from Frozen and will return to the world of Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Rise of the Tomb Raider’s successor, Shadow of the Tomb Raider had its first gameplay trailer revealed at this year’s E3 2018.
- Just Cause 4: Square Enix also announced Just Cause 4 and provided a detailed look at the upcoming game.