Have you ever wished you could use the Master Sword in Tamriel? Ever wondered how Mario would fare in the big city? Well, look no further than E3 2017. E3 is the premiere event for computer, video, and mobile games and related products. For three days, the video game industry’s most innovative talent fill the Los Angeles Convention Center. Everybody from manufacturers, distributors, programmers, software developers, and fans gather to share and experience the biggest announcements and developments in gaming. For the fan of any sort of gaming, E3 is the capital of the industry.
Although E3 officially started the morning of June 13, some of the biggest in the industry held preliminary press conferences, including Microsoft, EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft, and Sony. Here are some of their most exciting announcements.
- Fans were treated to the action-packed gameplay trailer for Spiderman for PS4.
- God of War release date announced as early 2018, coupled with a gameplay trailer.
- Two new trailers for Far Cry 5 were premiered.
- The release date and trailer for Assassin’s Creed Origins – October 27.
- Nintendo Switch will be getting its own version of Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, which will feature items from The Legend of Zelda.
- Debuted their multiplayer trailer for Star Wars Battlefront II.
- The very first story mode for the Madden series in Madden 18.
- The official name of their next console, XBOX One X – available November 7 for $499.
- Shared their work to make original XBOX games backwards compatible with the XBOX One.
There were also exciting announcements in the realm of VR, as Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Fallout 4, and Doom will soon all be playable in VR. E3 started this morning with a press conference from Nintendo where Super Mario Odyssey was revealed, where you get to explore a variety of worlds (like New Donk City) possessing objects, creatures (like a T-Rex), and humans alike with your hat.
One of the newest updates to E3 this year is the E3 Coliseum. E3 Coliseum acts as the main stage for the convention, allowing fans an inside look on their favorite games and game designers. First on the stage was Nintendo giving a behind the scenes look at Super Mario Odyssey. Throughout the weekend, the stage will feature behind the scenes looks on God of War, Spiderman for PS4, XBOX One X, and Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. Much more than the actual games, fans will be able to hear about innovations in VR and AR gaming, as well as Indie gaming. Many exciting things have already been revealed, and fans in attendance and at home are eagerly waiting to see what else will come out of E3 2017.
Photos courtesy of the Entertainment Software Association (ESA).