Here at Innovation & Tech Today, we will be looking at and reviewing smartphone apps over the next few months. We will be covering everything, from all-in-one smart home controllers to internet gaming apps where you can try your luck by playing the online slots. Our first app is going to be a boon to fans of the MLB’s St. Louis Cardinals, and hopefully other teams in the near future!
According to a report from KSDK-TV Channel 5 St. Louis MO; as of last Wednesday, if you are a St. Louis Cardinals fan there is a new app that will get you access to Bush Stadium for every home game this season. For only $29.99 per month this app gives you a guaranteed standing room ticket to every home game, including high-demand and weekend games. All you need is an iPhone or Android phone. The Cardinals announced the ‘Cardinals Ballpark Pass’ for iPhone and Android phone users on Wednesday.
The team said on Twitter that you better hurry as The Cardinals are only selling a limited number of Ballpark Passes per month. The Chicago White Sox had a similar offer for April that is already Sold Out!
For only $29.99 per month, the ‘Cardinals Ballpark Pass’ includes a mobile ticket to every home game (except Opening Day April 2 and any potential Postseason games).
- Guaranteed standing room ticket to every game*, including high-demand and weekend games
- Ease of delivery via the MLB.com Ballpark app – scan your ticket at the gate directly from your phone
- Auto-renews each month – no need to make monthly purchases
In addition to general Standing Room areas, pass holders can enjoy the many other game and pregame activities, along with the ballpark atmosphere, from the Budweiser Bowtie Bar in the Left Field Porch, the Ford Plaza in Centerfield, the Perficient Perch in the Infield Pavilion or Riverview Corner in the Right Field Pavilion, among other areas.
*Cardinals Ballpark Pass does not include Opening Day, April 2 and any potential Postseason games.
What you get with the Cardinals Ballpark Pass:
- Guaranteed standing room ticket to every home game, including high-demand and weekend games.
- Ease of delivery via the MLB.com Ballpark app – scan your ticket at the gate directly from your phone.
- Auto-renews each month – no need to make monthly purchases.
- The MLB Ballpark app adds $5 on a month, which brings the total to $34.99., and also adds some great features detailed below from MLB Official Website.
MLB.com Ballpark for iPhone and Android Phone
The MLB.com Ballpark app is your mobile companion when visiting your favorite Major League Baseball ballparks. The official MLB ballpark application perfectly complements and personalizes your trip with mobile check-in, social media, offers, rewards and exclusive content. Select MLB ballparks also offer mobile food ordering and merchandise ordering and seat and experience upgrade components. Check in automatically with iBeacon technology at select ballparks for exclusive offers and in-game features.
- Access and manage your digital tickets (select clubs only)
- Check in for offers and rewards and personalized history for ballparks visited
- Team schedule, directions and parking information, social media clubhouse, and more
- Interactive concourse maps and directory, including food and drinks menus
- Ballpark and player entrance music info, with the ability to purchase songs on iPhone
- See team videos, plus watch video highlights from games attended
- Seat and experience upgrade functionality is available at select ballparks
We hope the other MLB Teams will follow suit as this is an inexpensive way for Baseball fans to support their Home Teams!
The MLB posted these frequently asked questions about the Cardinals Ballpark Pass app:
Q: Which phones are supported?
A: The pass is supported by iPhones and Android phones. The MLB.com Ballpark app must also be downloaded for use of the Cardinals Ballpark Pass.
Q: Can I use an iPod touch?
A: No, we only support iPhones and Android phones, not iPods.
Q: Why do I need to use an iPhone or Android phone?
A: The Cardinals Ballpark Pass is a mobile-only program integrated with the MLB.com Ballpark app. There are no printed tickets. Admission to Busch Stadium will be managed through the app.
Q: Can I purchase the pass if I don’t have an iPhone or Android phone?
A: Not at this time. You will be unable to enter Busch Stadium.
Q: What happens if a game is rained out?
A: If a game is postponed, your ticket for that game through the Pass is valid for the rescheduled game only.
Q: I bought my Cardinals Ballpark Pass, now what do I do?
A: You’ll receive email instructions when your Cardinals Ballpark Pass is ready for registration in the MLB.com Ballpark app. Once you receive the email, follow the instructions below or in the email to register your pass.
STEP 1: Download The MLB.com Ballpark app
Download the MLB.com Ballpark app on your iPhone or Android phone, and create or log in with your MLB.com account. If you already have the app, be sure to download the latest version and keep updating throughout the season.
STEP 2: Register your account
• Register your Cardinals Ballpark Pass in the MLB.com Ballpark app to access your mobile barcodes.
• Open the app on your phone
• Tap Tickets at the top of the Cardinals section
• Select Manage Ticket Accounts
• Log in using the email address you used to purchase
STEP 3: Register for notifications
• Provide your mobile phone number to receive text message alerts about your Cardinals Ballpark Pass:
• Tap Ballpark at the top of the Cardinals section
• Select the Cardinals Ballpark Pass icon under Busch Stadium
• Enter your mobile phone number to register
Entering Busch Stadium
Q: How do I get into Busch Stadium with my Cardinals Ballpark Pass?
A: Your ticket for all games included with your pass can be found in the MLB.com Ballpark app. Download the MLB.com Ballpark app and create (or login to a pre-existing) MLB.com account using the same email address you used to purchase your Cardinals Ballpark Pass. This will provide you with a digital barcode that you can use to scan for admission into Busch Stadium.
Q: Am I eligible to receive promotional giveaways with my Ballpark Pass ticket?
A: Yes! With your digital Standing Room ticket, you are able to enter Busch Stadium as soon as the gates open, and receive a promotional giveaway item at the gate, provided you are eligible based on that giveaway’s posted age and quantity restrictions.
Q: Can I sell my pass for games that I do not attend?
A: No, passes are non-transferable and only available on the phone of the Cardinals Ballpark Pass purchaser.
Q: Can I share my pass with someone else?
A: Passes cannot be shared. Admission to Busch Stadium will be managed through the MLB.com Ballpark app on your mobile device.
Auto-renewal of Passes
Q: How do I renew my Cardinals Ballpark Pass for the next month?
A: When you purchase the Cardinals Ballpark Pass you will be auto renewed each month. You will be charged $29.99 on a month by month basis for the 2017 regular season.
Q: How do I opt out of renewing my Cardinals Ballpark Pass?
A: To cancel your Cardinals Ballpark Pass, you must notify Customer Service of such cancellation request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: When can I opt out of my Cardinals Ballpark Pass?
A: You must notify Customer Service of such cancellation request on or before the 20th day of any calendar month in order to cancel your Cardinals Ballpark Pass effective as of the last day of the same calendar month.
Any cancellation request made after the 20th day of a calendar month will result in cancellation of your Cardinals Ballpark Pass effective as of the last day of the following calendar month.
Once again we will be looking at and reviewing other apps in the coming months, so be sure to sign up for our mailing list and stay up to date on all the latest innovations and all the tech news that you need to know!
Featured Image Credit: Sep 13, 2016; St. Louis, MO, USA; A general view of Busch stadium as the Chicago Cubs play the St. Louis Cardinals during the first inning. Mandatory Credit: Jeff Curry-USA TODAY Sports (Photo: Jeff Curry, Custom)